Life as we know it...

Life as we know it...
The Little Things

Thursday, July 30, 2015

A New Kind of Love

It's been almost an entire month since I've been back from Thailand and I can't even believe it. Time has flown. This week has been a wild one because I found out my parents are moving and it will probably be the hardest goodbye I'll ever have to say. I moved out once again and I'm loving it already. It'll be nice being away from home with all the hustle and bustle of moving.

On another note, I've noticed that since coming back from my crazy adventure in Thailand, I have a new love for people. Not only do I love all of the people that I met while exploring Chiang Mai, but a love for people here in the U.S. I've also found that I have a new kind of love for people that I didn't necessarily love before I left. Something about the culture of Thailand changed me. I'm not sure if it was the way the people loved and accepted everyone they way they come, if it's the different experience I had, or if it was my mental break downs every week on the phone with my mom, but something is indeed different.
I can't help but think of an old woman that I met one night in Fang, Thailand. Her name was Omi. She didn't know any English, and I know no Thai, but she was so kind to me. She could tell that I was exhausted from a long day of work, and frustrated by the endless amounts of mosquitoes. She motioned to me to sit by her and she simply fanned the bugs off of me while my eyes got heavy.
I love that woman. I never saw her again, and I probably never will, but I'll never forget the way she smiled at me with her brown rotted teeth and made me feel better when I was having a hard time.
People like this have taught me to love with a new kind of love ❤️.

No comments:

Post a Comment