Life as we know it...

Life as we know it...
The Little Things

Monday, September 7, 2015

Never Good Enough

Lately I've been feeling pretty bad about myself. I feel worthless. I feel like no matter how hard I try, I'll never be worthy of anyone's love. And I feel that no matter how hard I pray, I'm not getting any answers.
At everything I do, there will always be someone better. It's true, in this life, I'll never be perfect. Neither will you.
There's always someone out there better than me. Someone smarter, skinnier, prettier. With whiter teeth, longer hair, and better grades. I'll never be as nice as this person, or as funny as that person. They'll always be better at singing or better at running.
But, if I've learned anything in my life, it's that God doesn't care about that. He doesn't look at me and see the short, fat, yellow teethed, bratty girl that I see when I look in the mirror. He sees all of my potential. He sees all that I can become. And what he sees is the only thing that matters.
So even though I feel like my prayers aren't being answered, that I'm the ugliest person on the earth, that I'm the stupidest person who has ever lived, and that I'll never amount to anything, I'll just have to trust in God...

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, you are beautiful, smart, and kind enough for me! I love you. We need to have a cousin party soon.

    ReplyDelete